Monthly Archives: May 2018
Christmas has come early for Wisconsin residents with qualified dependent children. Beginning tomorrow, May 15th, Wisconsin residents can apply for a $100 per child tax rebate online. The purpose of the rebate is to repay sales tax for expenses associated with raising a child. The rebate will return an estimated $122 million to qualified Wisconsin taxpayers. Wisconsin taxpayers have until July 2nd to claim the rebate.
Claim the rebate here —> https://childtaxrebate.wi.gov/_/
Who is qualified to receive the rebate?
Taxpayers with dependent children may qualify, if:
Child must be:
- Under age 18 on December 31, 2017
- A dependent* of the claimant for tax year 2017
- A Wisconsin resident on December 31, 2017
- A United States citizen
If you DID NOT claim your child as a dependent on your tax return for 2017, you are not eligible to claim the rebate.
What You Need to File Your Claim
- Your Social Security number and Wisconsin residency for tax year 2017
- Your qualified child’s Social Security number and date of birth
- If you wish to direct deposit, we’ll need your bank routing number and account number
- If you are a nonresident or part-year resident that moved out of Wisconsin in 2017, you must submit receipts showing at least $100 of Wisconsin sales/use tax paid in 2017 for each child and proof each child was a Wisconsin resident on December 31, 2017
Spread the word about the credit to your friends and family. It is a use it or lose it credit that must be claimed by the July 2nd deadline. If you have any questions regarding the credit, please feel free to contact our office.